Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nail Madness

so far, this semester has been a very stressful one for me * & this greatly worries me - due to the fact that school is back in session for only four weeks .. yesterday, i had such a terrible day - & i was just mentally exhausted .. i was thinking to myself, this day - is definitely blog material lol .. my classes went okay, i like my professors & everything - it is just that i have so much to do .. i never get a break & i know that college requires a lot of time, dedication, & hard work [which is fine by me - because i have no problem working very hard] * it is just that this month so far, and last month as well, has just been really rough for me .. i feel like i have a black cloud circling my head - following me from place to place =/ .. when i tell people like my mom, she says i should be thankful that i do not have "real" problems, like other people & families do .. i understand that & i absolutely agree - but these problems, are big deals to me .. it bothers me that lately i am so overloaded & do not even know where to begin .. i was dreading getting my nails & toes done, because i do not have the time to sit there this week - & it really gets to me because for all the money i spend every other week, this should be the one time i am just relaxing .. anyway - yesterday, after my last class i went straight to the nail salon & i purposely made an appointment to try & avoid sitting there waiting .. of course my luck, they were "running late" so i waited, patiently - but started to regret coming at the time in which i did .. the best time to go is early in the day, but with my school schedule it is pretty much impossible for me to do that .. anyway, the girl that i always go to & made an appointment with was tied up - & i was asked to go to another woman .. at this point: who am i to be picky? & even if i wanted to - i do not have the time to be .. i go to a nail salon that is very upscale & expensive - i mean after all, you pay for what you get right? .. well not in my case, on this particular day * the girl that did my nails rushed like a manic - it was the fastest fill-in i ever had & she could not be bothered with anyone or anything .. she was so unfriendly, & did not do anything i asked her to do - which really was not much at all .. she hated her job & had such a bad attitude - & at first i felt bad that she was so miserable about her life, but then i realized that she was making me miserable .. for the money they charge - she should not have been acting like this & it really was not right * however, i put up with it until i could not take anymore .. i always have "permanent french" on my nails - but i decided to get something different done [now i realize, this was a very big mistake] .. she literally redid my nails three times - because she kept messing them up * never in my life have i heard or experienced such a thing .. it was so bad that i was embarrassed by the way she acted, & i am not exactly a pushover either * my blood started boiling .. then, to show me she was mad she nastily took the polish off of one whole hand * i did not ask her to do that - & i was fuming that she did, because all that was messed up was one nail on that hand .. she did not ask me anything, cut them the length she wanted to & did whatever she pleased .. it got really bad when she dropped my hand down roughly on purpose, & two nails smudged together - i did not want to flip out but i was biting my tongue not to .. i choose to get a light white basecoat & a black line as my french [instead of white], which was such a bad idea * because she went so fast painting them that the black smeared all over the white .. she told me that they were fine, multi-colored mind you * which was it for me .. i let her have it [in a respectful & mature manner] & told her that they were not fine & that i wanted her to fix them, because if she was not rushing to get done the way she was from the very beginning, none of this would have happened .. after the third time of her messing up - huffing & puffing about it, i told her i wanted someone else to do the hand she did not do .. thankfully - another girl did it to match the other hand, but it was just a really terrible situation .. i just wanted to get out of there & be done with it - but i had already paid for my pedicure * & the girls they have doing them are really sweet .. so i decided to go through with it - however, i was in there for ten minutes short of three hours .. could you imagine? - i was so mad that i could have cried about it * because i was so frustrated & annoyed .. while driving home: i was thinking about how much i was not looking forward to going home to eat dinner, shower, & do as much work as i could for the night .. what i would have done to just take a shower & go to sleep for the night, i could not even begin to tell you .. i know that it might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but my patience was non-existent at the end of the night * & i just felt so crappy .. i am annoyed that i can not go back there - because even though the rest of the girls there do a great job, she is now there & i never want to see her again [she should consider herself lucky lol] .. i am feeling better today, still have a lot of work to do * but i am in a much better mood .. this is because at least today, i do not have to deal with aggraviation from incompetent people, such as the lovely lady i encountered yesterday .. well, i am glad i have this blog to vent to - but i must be going now, because i have my education class starting in ten minutes .. ciao *

No comments: