Saturday, February 16, 2008

Taking It Day By Day

why hello there (= - i know it sounds pathetic but i am excited to finally have the time this week to sit down & write in my blog .. everything this past week has been extremely chaotic, because of my grandfather's death – but i am hanging in there .. i mean after all, when times get tough you can not just run away & hide .. as i think back to my childhood – i remember always wanting to be a "big girl" & to grow up as fast as possible .. although i very much enjoyed being a little kid, i guess having an older sister by three years made me want to be her age .. this was due to the fact that she got to do stuff i was not allowed to do or got things before i was able to [such as a cell phone] .. now, when i see my little baby cousins & my close friend lauren's little brothers - i realize that when you are younger, you have it made .. at least i know i did – my parents did everything for me, & it was so awesome lol .. to be honest, i still have it really good – but when little kids i am close to start to get older, i am going to tell them to enjoy it all while they are still young .. & just take it for what it is - & to try & not rush getting older .. there are many perks to growing up, but i just feel that although i always have a million & one things to do * sometimes it is necessary to sit back & relax - just to take a moment & realize that through all the craziness of daily activities & schedules, life is a blessing .. & if you are constantly bombarded & stressed – you may miss the times that really matter the most .. i am going to end this blog with a saying from a picture my mom has in my house: "Make time for the quiet moments, as God whispers when the world is loud" .. ciao *

No comments: